As promised, I’ve made solid progress on the bat texture today. Of course, I thought I would actually have it finished by this point, so… I’m a little disappointed. It is going in a nice direction though.
My lack of experience with character art was the main problem. I’ve really only been working with environment art to this point. For most of the day it looked like an unholy sin against nature, and I wanted to destroy it. But I held out, and my perseverance was rewarded with… Acceptable results.
I mean this is basically my first complete character ever, so I’m okay with it.
Once I complete the finishing touches on the texture, it’ll be time to go back to rigging. Not looking forward to that.