I apologize for not posting to my blog in a while. I’ve been slacking on that end, and I’ll try to do better.
I have a video up on YouTube now, showing the current state of my game;
I’ve made too much progress since my last post to go over all of it. My bad.
But I’d say the largest thing I’ve done recently was finish the basic animations for the character, as shown in the video above.
I’ve even changed the character to display a complete body, instead of just floating arms.
Another important point would be that I’ve abandoned the surface volume I spent so much time creating. The approach had some efficiency problems, and as it turns out the Super Grid asset I already owned handled the same task far more efficiently.
The level in the video above is actually an older one, still using my old surface volume. The new one is much sexier, and I’ll put up some screenshots later.